Thursday, October 22, 2009

This and that....


Eddie is doing fine, but very tired today. He only sleeps about 3-4 hours at a time, then he either sits on the side of the bed or sits in the wheelchair. That's the backpain, nothing to do with the procedure though. The fatigue may be from the procedure, but who know. He took a 400mg of Ibuprophen before bedtime and I think that (along with the pillows under his feet) helped him rest.
We did go down to breakfast and he enjoyed that, as usual. I think we will both take a long nap today. I brought two books with me and have almost finished the second one. So, though I'm not doing anything particularly exciting, I am "vacationing" and taking it easy. No auditors (no offense meant, MT) or rental properties to deal with here. I think I'll be missing all that by the time I get home and get back in the swing of things.
I already miss interaction with the great folks I work with, and kids/grandkids. I'm sure Eddie misses all the folks at PT, along with friends Wes and Fred. They have been exceptionally good friends to him, going above and beyond to take care of things he can't.
I'm attaching a photo I took of the Dom Cathedral (600 yrs to build, but 300 of that was idle) from a restaurant nearby. The Dom is about 3-4 miles away. The restaurant is in the Four Points Hotel, directly across from the rail station, so you see the busy (busy!) rail station lit up in the foreground and the spires of the cathedral in the background. It's gothic-style architecture so really kind of creepy (near dark anyway, when this was taken)...but you just can't take your eyes away.

No comments:

Post a Comment