Time has not flown by, but we've kept very busy finalizing preparations for the trip.
There was a bit of confusion/frustration on my part this week when I tried to pre-arrange wheelchair accomodations at the Frankfort Rail station (adjacent to the airport) using their online request form. The last portion of the trip is by rail... about an hour from Frankfort to Cologne. Lufthansa booked it all, and supplied me with an official itinerary with all the details.
I thought I was being extremely competent and feeling smug because I had researched the rail line and even printed off their online request (for special services). I then filled the paper form in by hand, being very careful to note the arrival/departure stations, times, seat numbers etc. and set it aside. Then, on Friday I copied over the information to the real online form and sent it off, thinking they would be waiting with open arms to assist in getting the wheelchair onboard when we arrived.
Much to my surprise, I received an email asking for additional information. What?? So I reiterated the info, including seat numbers again. I even reserched the train we're traveling on (Inter-City Express). Uh oh, another email telling me seats 02J/02K were not correct for the ICE! So, I re-checked the itinerary, and it showed, yes, 02J/02K seats. In a panic, I phoned Lufstansa and asked if we had rail tickets confirmed. Of course, they said. She checked their records and told me the rail car number (not on the itinerary), and seat assignments of 16 and 18. (you can see the confusion and frustration here, right?).
Yet another email to Bahn rail with that info, and finally... a confirmation! I'm sure they are checking their calendars and watches right now, anticipating our arrival....LOL. Seriously, that was a relief. Humbling too. And teaches me not to be so smug. I'm a pessimist, so think that no matter how much pre-arranging I do, something will take a turn, and we'll just deal with it when it comes along.
So many have told me that we are on their prayer lists, both individuals and groups. We are blessed to have many prayer warriors working to make this trip go well. My co-worker Bob's wife phoned him today and asked to speak with me, then prayed with me over the phone, insisting the Holy Spirit will guide us through this. OK, that was the second time I cried today. Then, sweet sister-in-law emailed to let us know the Monday Night Sister's group is working for us too. That's the third time I teared up. It's so touching to realize how many people love and care for us. I guess getting down to the wire is making me a bit emotional. That's okay for today. Come Friday, I'll be all business!
Wednesday, October 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment