Saturday, October 17, 2009

Cologne Germany arrival at last

Well, we are here at last! At the beginning of each step of the trip, he would look at me and say "we're off to see the wizard". Every time anything went well, I would tell him .... look in my eyes, and repeat after me "Patti you did good"... then we'd both start laughing. He's laughing now, as I'm reading my post out loud to him. Of course he's cleaned up, fresh clothes, and two large beers down (from the hotel lobby). One Kolsch (good local beer) and one large, dark Bavarian beer..he does like his beer. I was concerned because he chose to restict fluids for most of the trip so we wouldn't have to struggle with unfamiliar toilet facilities. He did have several drinks last night at the Red Carpet, because we found a private unisex toilet there (I'll post later about our toilet adventure). Beer is certainly not the best thing to use to replenish fluids, but it will flush his kidneys quickly, and relax him as well. He and I only got about 4 hrs sleep on the plane last night, so hopefully we can get lots of sleep tonight and tomorrow. Before I elaborate about my thoughts on the trip, I asked Eddie what he wanted to mention about the trip so far.

He loved the oatmeal raisin cookies on Amer. Airlines, he also loved the mixed nuts that they served us warm in small pottery-type dishes. Those of you who know him well, know he enjoys his food and drink. You can't tell it from his weigh now, but he still has a very good appetite...he just burns so many calories moving on the walker.

He also raves about the Lufthansa (ground) special services crew at Frankfort, and the Bahn staff for special services at the Frankfort station, and Cologne too. We brought his small camera rather than the larger one, so I'm hoping to upload a picture of him and his "entourage" in Frankfort. BUT most of all, he's glad the long flight over here is completed.

I'm having a bit of trouble with the WiFi here at the hotel right now so will edit and re-publish this post and try another segment later. With luck we'll have pictures!
Love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment