Monday, October 19, 2009

First step, completed!

I'm going to attempt to upload lots of pictures. The German doctor (Dr. John...aka the Wizard) didn't mind at all, I suppose they don't have the malpractice issues like the U.S.
Since these come up on the blog in reverse order (newest post first), I'm posting, basically, from the bottom up...so it will make more sense if you start at the bottom of this post. I'll reiterate again (it will show at the top)when I'm finished so as to warn anyone, like on TV... it may be graphic in nature. Mostly because there are some pics with blood showing and some folks may be squeemish about it (like my good gal work buddy, TK). You might find these more technical than you want to see, but Steve may be interested because you can't watch it being done to yourself (right Steve and Fran?). Also Dr. B at the OKC MDA Clinic asked me to pass along the blog address so he might be interested in the technical stuff, along with nursing student (Daughter dear), my baby sister Jodi R.N, Eddie's team of folks at PT, and Rosie too! I'll publish each pic post as I go along so as not to clog things up. I'm having a tough time getting them to pull in, but I'm sure that's operator error (me being said operator).
All in all, Eddie did a great job, really hung in there! I got him back to the hotel without incident, unless you count unloading him from the taxi in the middle of a very narrow cobblestone street. I'm getting quite bold at just making stuff happen, I figure any cars can wait on us, or back up...their choice. I usually don't like to inconvenience people, and still don't for myself... but when you are entrusted with someone else's care, and they can't do it themselves...it's different somehow. And amazingly he trusts me. Don't quite understand that, but it makes me walk a bit taller here.
From the cobblestone street (with the help of the taxi driver...read big tip)... over the curbing, into the hotel, and up to room 409 (Eddie remembers because of the song... She's real fine, My 409... me, because of the household cleaner...either way we find our way back "home").
I left him for another 3-4 blk walk to the rail station. Picked up Wurst (of some kind.. they had three varieties), kraut, and potatoes...good German fare, fast food style, and lots (5 kinds!) of those awesome pastries, for a late afternoon lunch...and bottled (still) water.
He was asleep in his chair when I returned. He ate, took a Tylenol, and I tucked him into bed for a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment